Carers in Bedfordshire is a not-for profit charity in Houghton Regis, who provide support for carers of all ages who care for family members and or friends, offering them all the help they may need.
“During these unprecedented times, the Houghton Regis Management Consortium (HRMC) has been keenly aware of the difficulty faced by many in the local community and wanted to find ways to help. We engaged with various local groups and identified Carers in Bedfordshire as a charity that are doing fabulous work within Houghton Regis and helping many families in need.” – Nigel Reid, Development Director, HRMC
In support on Young Carers Action Day, the Linmere team will be going purple and we’re encouraging everyone else to get involved as well.
It’s easy to take part. On the day, dress in purple, make a donation and help young carers make the most of the skills they’ve gained.
How does it work?
- Dress all in purple or wear something purple
- Text YCAD to 70085 to donate £2 (plus one standard rate message)
- Take a picture and send it to email@example.com
- Submit by Wednesday, 17 March
How your donation will be used
- Your £2 donations will add up to a brighter future for young carers.
- £14 could pay for a phone call to a young carer, offering practical advice on applying for work or higher education.
- £84 could pay for a month of online gaming sessions, giving young carers of all ages a welcome break from caring.
- £150 could contribute to our peer mentoring programme, where young carers encourage others in the same position as themselves.
Thank you for your support. #YoungCarersActionDay
For more information about Carers in Bedfordshire, visit www.carersinbeds.org.uk.