Linmere Consortium and Central Bedfordshire Council are working together to deliver a package of measures to reduce car reliance and deliver sustainable travel.
Why do we want to do this?
• To give residents as many travel options as possible
• To help minimise the impact that cars have and to help make the Linmere development a safe and attractive place to live
• To minimise pollution and fossil fuel usage
• To enable and encourage healthy and active ways to travel by reducing need for high emission vehicles
• To encourage attractive walking and cycling routes to promote healthy and active ways to travel
This strategy is to promote the use of alternatives to the car, rather than limiting any resident’s ability to use their car.
Travel planning support
Linmere has a dedicated Travel Plan Coordinator to help assist residents, advising them on all aspects of travel options. The Travel Plan Coordinator will also:
• Gather feedback from residents
• Make sure travel options are easy to use and useful
• Promote national and local sustainable travel events
• Organise cycling and walking groups
Your Travel Plan Coordinator will advise residents of upcoming national and local events.
Contact your Travel Plan Coordinator for any travel needs, queries or personalised planning